Chain hoists can be used for many applications. They should always be used upright. If you need a hoist that can be used both horizontally and vertically (for example, for hoisting, dragging or lashing), choose a lever hoist.
Liftinggear-shop chain hoists are easy to use due to an optimal transmission. This makes the chain hoist easy and light to operate. They have a swiveling lower and upper hook and are made of high-quality materials for an extra-long lifespan. Available in working load limits from 250 kg to 20,000 kg and in electrical versions.
Chain hoists are often used in combination with trolleys or beam clamps.
Our range consists of two types of chain hoists, with and without overload protection. Overload protection ensures a longer lifespan of the hoist and the repair costs are also reduced because an overload is not possible. The adjustment of the overload protection and the customization of the lifting height (control chain and load chain) is done in our own workshop.
Check before use
Before each use, it is important that the hoist, suspension, supporting structure, and possibly additional options are checked for any defects. In addition, the brakes, operation, and the load must be checked. This could, for example, be by lifting and lowering the load a short distance.
The load chain must be inspected for proper lubrication, deformation, cracks, wear, and corrosion damage. Also, check the control chain (this always has an "assembled open link" due to the custom fabrication).
Check the top and bottom hooks for deformation, damage, cracks, wear, and corrosion damage. Check for (working) safety latches.
Make sure that the chain can run freely through the hoist and that the welds of the chain are turned outwards.
Chain hoists must be tested annually by an expert person. Before using the hoist, check that it has been inspected.
In case of disapproval, immediately put the hoist out of operation and make it clear, for example by affixing a label, that it may no longer be used in the business process.
- The capacity (WLL) stated on the chain hoist is the maximum load that must not be exceeded
- Hoisting of transporting loads should be avoided as long as there are people in a dangerous area of the hoist
- It is not allowed to be located under a lifted load
- Loads must not be left unattended in the hoisted condition for long periods of time
- The user may only move if he/she is convinced that the load has been correctly hooked up or that no persons are in the danger area.
- When hanging the hoist, the user must ensure that the hoisting equipment can be operated without danger, it is neither the device itself nor the carrier of the load
- The device can be used within a temperature range of -10 degrees and +50 degrees Celsius.
- Check the brake for freezing at temperatures below degrees Celsius
- Never load on the tip of the hooks (point load) (image 3.0)
- Welding on parts is prohibited. The load chain must not be used as an earth for welding work
- Always work in a straight line between both hooks. Skew, i.e. avoid lateral loads on the housing or lower hook.
- The load chain must not be used as a stop or sling chain
- Hoisting or transporting persons is not allowed
- Do not knot or shorten the load chain
Available with a certificate
Our hoists are available including a certificate (IIA statement).
Also, check out our tips & tricks for the safe use of lifting equipment.
Do you have any questions? Please contact one of our technical advisors.