LEVER HOIST TIPS & TRICKS
This month we highlight the Mitari ratchet hoists in our tips and tricks. These days the lever hoists are an indispensable part of the industry. A ratchet hoist can be used for many applications, including for lifting, towing & tensioning.
With work instructions, pros, cons, and inspection periods, we give you tips and tricks to keep the life of your chain lever hoist as long as possible. With instructions to guarantee safety on the work floor.
In our range, we offer 2 types of ratchet hoists, with and without overload protection. Our Mitari ratchet hoists vary in lifting height and tonnage. Think of lifting jobs from 250kg to 9 tons and lifting heights from 1.5 meters to 10 meters. Cick here view the suitable ratchet hoist for your lifting job!
Due to a low weight, mitari ratchet hoists are easy to use. An automatic load pressure brake guarantees a secure hold of the load in any position. This allows you to use the chain lever hoist in any lifting direction (360° C ). A swiveling lower and upper hook is attached to the chain lever hoist.
Pros Mitari Lever hoist | MRT & MRO
- Galvanized chain and sturdy cast valves;
- Swiveling bottom and top hook;
- All axles are mounted;
- Metal control button;
- Robust powder-coated housing;
- The required power remains minimal due to a sophisticated transmission;
How to use:
- The device is also suitable for securing loads, e.g. on a truck. Both the manual force and the clamping force stated on the nameplate must be taken into account.;
- The top and bottom hooks must be perpendicular to the center of gravity of the load when lifting to prevent the load from swinging;
- It is not allowed to be under a lifted load;
- Loads must not remain in the hoisted state for long periods of time or without supervision;
- The user/operator may only move a load if he/she is convinced that the load has been correctly hooked up or that no persons are in the danger area;
- When suspending the device, the user must ensure that the hoisting equipment can be operated without danger, be it by the device itself, nor the carrier or the load;
- Attention: at temperatures below 0 ° C, the brake must be checked for freezing;
- The accident prevention regulations or safety regulations for hand powered hoisting equipment in the country of use/application must be observed at all times.
Overload protection ensures a longer lifespan of your hoist. This overload protection is not (yet) mandatory, but does ensure the safe use of the chain lever hoist. In addition, your repair costs will decrease by 80% because overloading the chain lever hoist is excluded. The adjustment of the overload is done in our own workshop.
See below a chart with the specifications of our Mitari ratchet/lever hoists.
|Type||WLL kg||Parts||Overload protection||Chain length mm||Norm hoist||Handle length mm|
|MRT08||800||1||NO||5,6 x 17||NEN-EN-ISO 12100-1/2||270|
|MRO08||800||1||Yes||5,6 x 17||NEN-EN-ISO 12100-1/2||245|
|MRT16||1600||1||No||7,1 x 20,1||NEN-EN-ISO 12100-1/2||265|
|MRO16||1600||1||Yes||7,1 x 20,1||NEN-EN-ISO 12100-1/2||268|
|MRT32||3200||1||No||10 x 28||NEN-EN-ISO 12100-1/2||410|
|MRO32||3200||1||Yes||10 x 28||NEN-EN-ISO 12100-1/2||410|
|MRT63||6300||2||No||10 x 28||NEN-EN-ISO 12100-1/2||410|
|MRO63||6300||2||Yes||10 x 28||NEN-EN-ISO 12100-1/2||410|
|MRO90||9000||3||Yes||10 x 30||NEN-EN-ISO 12100-1/2||415|
Inspection data on hoisting and lifting equipment
The marking of lifting and hoisting equipment can be done by applying paint, plastic tape, or an inspection sticker in the year color according to the IMO (International Maritime Organization) color system used. The color gives an indication of the year of inspection.
Is your hoisting/lifting equipment up for inspection?
The chain lever hoist must be regularly inspected and tested by a competent person. Inspections & tests are annual, however, in difficult working conditions, we recommend that inspections be carried out at shorter intervals. During this periodic assessment it is necessary to completely disassemble the hoist so that all load-bearing parts can be inspected and possibly examined for cracks. After removing the safety components and after the repair, the chain lever hoist must be dynamically tested.
A user must ensure that these inspections and tests are carried out regularly.